“[He] seems like a kooky – an awesome guy – I’d love to buy him a beer.” Business Insider
Byron Reese brings his broad technical understanding to illuminate how today’s technology can solve many of our biggest global challenges. The author of “Infinite Progress: How Technology and the Internet Will End Ignorance, Disease, Hunger, Poverty, and War,” Byron’s enthusiasm and talent for deciphering our common destiny are overshadowed only by his inspiring sense of optimism.
Exploring the intersection of history, technology, and the future, Byron shares his technological visions for solving many of our global problems and speaks with the authority of an accomplished high-tech trailblazer, inventor, entrepreneur, as well as the wisdom of a life-long historian.
As the CEO and publisher of Gigaom, a technology research and analysis firm, Byron leads the company in their mission to help business leaders understand the implications of emerging technologies and their impacts on business, media, and society. Having served across a wide range of senior management roles, from CEO, to VP of Marketing, to Chief Innovation Officer, Byron started his first business as an undergraduate at Rice University.
Two companies he started were later sold: Hot Data, ultimately to Pitney Bowes; and PageWise, the parent company of ExpertVillage.com, to Demand Media. Byron possesses a diverse body of patented work and enjoys talking about the intersection of technology, history and the future to both technical and non-technical audiences around the world.
Reese has served on both public and private boards of directors, and has started several non-profit organizations.
- The Power of Artificial Intelligence is to Make Better Decisions, Huffington Post
- Automation Innovation with Byron Reese part 1, KGO 810 Silicon Valley / SF
- Automation Innovation with Byron Reese part 2, KGO 810 Silicon Valley / SF
- “Reese believes that planet Earth is ultimately a pretty good place and it’s getting better all the time.” Los Angeles Times Magazine
“The key to Reese’s success is organization.” – Entrepreneur Magazine
- “Over the past decade, Reese has quietly pioneered a new breed of media company” – Bloomberg, BusinessWeek
- “Reese is a tall Texan who serves as Demand’s chief innovation officer and who created the idea-spawning algorithm that lies at the heart of Demand’s process.” – Wired Magazine
- “Byron Reese is typical of the new wave of internet entrepreneurs out to turn the economics of the media industry on its head.” – Financial Times of London
- “Reese’s credo is simple: ‘News should give you an accurate view of the world.’ He may have hit a nerve.” – Readers Digest
- “In fact. Reese says good news has been trumping bad for some time. ‘We’ve cured childhood diseases, ended legal segregation, lengthened the average lifespan and improved quality of life for millions of people. Murder rates have been declining for years,’ he adds, ‘yet the number of stories on the network newscasts about murders has soared.'” The Washington Post